Back with a slew of Famous Internet Time-Wasters, On the tracks of finding a Real Gem
Metro Manila Today: State of the Nation Addressed Re: Our Liquid Assets
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
Oh boy! It's 8:24 am MLA time and the rains have been cascading non-stop since early this morning. As a matter of fact, we have been issued a Red Alert Warning by the NDRRMC (National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council) for the current weather conditions. That means that we are experiencing severe, extreme and excessive weather and that we are advised to stay home as classes in private schools as well as attendances in government offices have been cancelled. And I thought the Orange Alert yesterday was already intense as I was scrambling to get home from the gym at 10 am when there was a sudden downpour, to try to avoid our subdivision's accumulation of creek water possibly resulting in a mini street flood and my car being stranded in traffic. Yikes! 😱
Anyway, this present scenario, a quick look at the local news and me being stranded at home now has given me time to think and blog about it...for what's a girl to do?
The streets of Manila right now inundated with Typhoon Carina courtesy Twitter #Baha #CarinaPH
Climate change is real. Severe droughts and severe rainfall will only get more severe in the Philippines. This is just an ordinary seasonal typhoon but look: Floods close to home! This should not be the case at all since it’s practically preventable and is a basic concern for government. I mean, there's no point in creating a Council to send warnings to all Filipinos in times of calamities when proper infrastructure had been put in place to begin with. There’s so many things to be done to help with our dismal state of local affairs, things that can actually be done, it bears repetition. So many.
But I say let’s start with a President doing his natural civic duty for others to follow. Let’s start with him paying his taxes and surrendering his family’s illegal wealth accumulated throughout his father and mother’s tenure in office and public life. Who knows? People can reform and people with addictions (whatever they may be, not that I'm personally referring to the President himself) can rehabilitate so there's that underlying, undeniable factor called hope. Just as the rains seem unrelenting today, hope springs eternal. Let’s start with that.
A country is as poor as the minds of politicians who only want wealth for themselves. Politics was made for social activism that will benefit all, not just a select few via good governance. There is nothing good in stealing money from the poor and furthering self interests as the Marcoses have done and continually do and they have been thepioneering spirit of this recalling a not so distant memory. Same with the Dutertes. Politics in the Philippines is so self-righteous and self-serving it leaves us, the common taoencheapened by it all. There is no quality of life here. The worth of a man is measured by the clothes on his back and if it's raining, then just "bravura" to those with no raincoats!!??
With everything the President has reported in the recently concluded SONA Valuation two days ago, one thing stands out. That there’s only a rhetoric of politicians' misleading promises to be secured into office...and personal ambitions that will keep them afloat for life, with no regard for the welfare of the masses, their actual constituency. Even if you're not directly affected by the floods with your million dollar mansions, let that sink in Mr. President! Head!And whatever you actually said during your 3rd SONA, maybe just keep it to yourself next time as I was bored to tears just listening.
------------------------------------
“I must be a mermaid; I have no fear of depth and a great fear of shallow living.”
--- Anaïs Nin
--------------------------------------
Metro Manila today. Oh, the places I go to (…or just won’t anymore)!
Update: It’s 4:33 pm as I’m writing this and the rains haven’t let up! Oh dear.
Instruction Manual for my Enemies at the Gate: 1) David Celdran (D) [Popular] 2) Jennie Cacal (J) [Payatas] 3) Jess Ramos (F) [Unpopular] Step 1: D go to F Step 2: D Suck Cock of F Step 3: Ask and you shall receive. Ask for Semen Step 4: Use your mouth Objective: Be useful to me, Useless People. Tagalog: Huwag kayoing aabang-abang lang ng biyaya. Gamitin ang Bisaya. ===================== The Philippines is going down. Don't tell me it isn't. Recent developments have been a constant reminder. Just watch the daily news. The Philippines is literally, figuratively going down. Our Family is going nowhere. The love we have (or never really had) is gone. I just don't know about the rest (of my siblings) but I don't see the love in them at all. The only family I truly have is Macoy and as my guardians at the gate may see it, he is truly an expendable. Nevertheless, I spend my days still trying to offer him kindness, with a projection or hope that life, soci...
I ordered a bunch of Macdonalds goodies that I’m having a hard time eating in my own bedroom because The Mang-Uusog is intent on making my meal a very difficult one to digest…as if telling me I should give some to him and his minions. I already gave some Spaghetti I cooked last week to his dilapidated tricycle parked outside our gate. This is my first decent meal of the day at 3:36 in the afternoon. It's a difficulty when the one guarding you insists on a life of poverty, being borne out of poverty himself. I don't mean to discriminate against the poor, just the ones who make themselves felt as such. I just hate putting good? food to waste. I don't really like MacDonalds but the maid insists on cooking me food fit for an Azkal. Sometimes I wish I was permanently out of his gaze. I swear I'll make this a reality soon. It (the entity) doesn't deserve me and I certainly don't deserve a Man of Poverty. Earlier today, after my "non-lunch", I was shouting m...
Lets’ talk about Winning now Because people today seem to either have an obsession towards it or simply can’t break through. (Spoiler Alert= This one is replete with idioms) Apparently, because I really haven’t really thought about it too much, I’m not obsessed with winning at all, sometimes you come to a point in your life when you really have to win out of sheer necessity. And this is the perfect time to do it and with things happening in our global scene, a perfect storm as they call it. Necessity being the mother of invention, I really have to win this time. I’m not going into specifics. I would rather go into how one would go about it…winning and maybe, I’ll have my personal breakthrough as well. How I consider myself is as a results-oriented person . I have no obsessive compulsive traits about me. I’m not even a workaholic like mommy who pen-pushed her way out of life. I just like to exercise my contraptions at hand. Here are three words that get you going: juggling, ...
Comments