2024: Half-Year Look


We're already in July this year and it may or may not be customary for you to recollect the first half of the year but I'm doing it just the same because basing on this 2024 selfie collage alone, I've been through quite a lot and it's worth the recollection, hoping or even assuming the next half will be just as filled with memories, both happy or happier. Thanks to my Samsung Galaxy S8 which I bought as a second hand unit in January, I have accumulated good snapshots of myself when I'm out and about the mall where I gym and shop or window-shop and in doing so, monitored myself in the process.

As the mind is a constant orchestration of songs when I'm being peripatetic, I am always reminded by the song My Favorite Things when I’m walking alone so as never to be sad and I would like to share what this means to me:

Rayban Wayfarers and Starbucks Espressos
Whipped cream that stays on my nose and eyeglasses
Nice Puma shoes that's on sale for the masses
These are a few of my favorite assets

Girls in white dresses with black prints embedded
Japanese noodles with tempura added
Brown paper packages tied up with string
These are a few of my favorite things.

Athletes in gym shorts, Instructors that give pops
Muscles that show up whenever there's lift ups
Health buffs and Workouts all-round the clock
These are a few of my favorite stocks.

When the dogs bark, when the heat stings
When I'm feeling sad
I simply remember my favorite things
And then I don't feel so bad


As for being socially active or simply being physically active, I've upped the ante of my activities for the first half of this year and I'm so proud of myself for doing so. Spinning, Pilates, Bellydancing. Friends, old and new, I hope I can further my cause with them. Socials is good after all: the real kind to complement the popular one we are all familiar with right now. Nothing beats being with real people when it comes to improving one’s cognitive performance. Nothing.

So as you can see, it's not just material things that will make me happy. They're just instruments to keep me in the loop once again and I'm thankful for both for keeping me a truly rich and blessed member of society.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Metro Manila Today: State of the Nation Addressed Re: Our Liquid Assets

Ciao Febbraio!