Koi to Dragon


At the moment, as in today Saturday the first of June, I find myself stranded at home and staring at my adorned bedroom wall behind the bathroom door, at the Kois acrylic painting I did from an image I found in Pinterest several years ago. Maybe I'm procrastinating in doing my friend Ellen's portrait on the roof. It's probably too hot to paint there anyway.

I'm staring and I'm thinking about the myth of the Koi  turning into a dragon by swimming up a waterfall and going against the the forces of nature and successfully swimming upstream by sheer will.

Kois have always been a symbol of positivity. They're vibrant, lively and full of energy and are favorite subject matters for artists, as I am witness to my artist circle of friends’ usual artworks. They're revered animals in both China where the myth originates and Japan where they are strong symbols of luck and wealth and used as a popular tattoo design.

So, I'm here today stuck in my room to meditate upon the mysteries of the kois. No going out. No malling. No gym. I'm reserving my strength for tomorrow's scheduled workout with my PT Tomi where this koi hopefully tries to go against the flow of life and be a better individual.


Btw, this is what my wall looks like with the bathroom door opened. A Hundertwasser mural painted on where the kois can be seen on top of it. Since Hundertwasser means a hundred waters in German and can symbolically stand here  for waterfall, can I safely say I already made it? Hm.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Metro Manila Today: State of the Nation Addressed Re: Our Liquid Assets

Ciao Febbraio!