Boat on a Beach Step by Step

On April 17, Tuesday, right after I finished my Hummingbird painting, I immediately continued with another Art Sherpa tutorial of a Boat on a Beach. It was a breeze laying out the underpaintings of phthalo blue and ultramarine blue and burnt umber among other light colors for the beach itself. I had to have a break since it was getting dark. Today, Friday the 20th and with a little hesitation, I continued with the boat. After all, what did I accomplish yesterday? 

This is how it turned out. I guess I spent a total of 5 hours on it. I'm happy I painted it. 
My artwork du jour and also for the week. :-)

Underpainting with blues and browns.

Some water ripples, shadows, tones and a volumatic boat.

After two sessions of about 2 hours each for today (morning and afternoon), I guess I'm done!

Here's a cropped close-up of my boat. Hooray!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!