Pandemic Haircut Step by Step

Original Artwork based on a doodle I made on the iPad Pro using 
the Apple Pencil and the Paper App.

"You know the saying, a woman's crowning glory is her hair. Without it, she seems ill or disfigured in the eyes of the world, and therefore in her own eyes. Hair is such a powerful symbol of sexuality, and it will take some time for us to be as neutral about bald women as we are about men." 

---Psychology Today

"Today a woman's hair remains a symbol of femininity. Identity: It's no wonder women feel like their hair is a “crowning glory,” as this phrase dates back to Biblical times. ... This simple hairstyle was named the “Liberation Hairdo” because it is a symbol of women taking control over their own lives."

---Huffington Post

But what happens to hers during an outbreak of coronavirus in a time of a worldwide pandemic? All hell breaks loose when she tries to get a much needed haircut at the salon if she ever does given the strict rules of a local ECQ. This is Pandemic Haircut, a spontaneous doodle with that premise that I turned into a full blown acrylic painting. From an iPad digital sketch to a 24”x 24” big canvas, I’m trying to create a modern Picasso-esque abstract by using coloring book application as well as *hopefully* unique acrylic painting techniques I’ve learned so far. The color palette has been well thought of though. I hope I produce something worthwhile as this idea is 100% original. The concept alone hits it out of the ball park for me! 

P.S. This applies to men as much as me.

Blue chalk outline of doodle on a 24”x 24” box-type canvas. Day 1.
 Black outline of profile. Day 2.
 Some purples for the hair. He/she looks like David! Day 3.
Some white plus naples red light for the flesh and napthol red for the lips and curls
Pastel colors that give an impression of a party atmosphere. Day 4.
Look! Could it be a whiff of something deadly? Dear God, hopefully it’s just the chemicals.
100% original. From concept to execution. I turned my iPad doodle into a legit acrylic painting! I hope you like it as much as I am proud of it. Pandemic Haircut, my #artworkdujour. Day 5.
------------------------------

My original doodles on the iPad Pro...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!