Claude Monet’s Woman with a Parasol Lovingly Recreated

It’s starting to rain now and we all need our umbrellas when moving about but this woman is holding a parasol or a sunshade and not a parapluie, just fyi. When this Monet painting caught my eye (while surfing for various images with no intention of doing anything special with them really), I thought maybe I can do this one easily in soft pastels. And so with surprising results, here it is and I was right! Lastly, a thought occurred to me while applying the gamut of colors for the field alone: that these Impressionist pioneers really knew how to have fun with their style of art, which may be why it’s the favoured style for the local pastel artists to do their various creations in quick time, even.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!