Planet of the Apes, Life, The Universe and Everything

 


What's wrong with this picture? First of all, it's supposed to be a painting of a movie mash-up of Planet of the Apes (1968 version) and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (2005), two of the movies I deemed necessary or even apropos (to render acrylic on canvas) to avert from what I feel is my present-day existence or existential crisis given the daily grind of having to deal with people I don't like at home and the entire neighborhood especially nearby Iglesia ni Cristo buildings x4, heck, maybe even anywhere I go in this city, town,  country!

They're both Sci-fi films by the way. Technically, I used the picture of the leader of the Planet of the talking and intelligent Apes Zaius, a somber backdrop of submerged New York City and what is left of the Statue of Liberty and took a dolphin glass figurine from daddy's library (the coolest one I can find) to remind me of the “hooking” intro spill of THHGG where dolphins do some somersaults while actually saying So long and thanks for all the fish referring to exiting this world but not in so many words as fish couldn't talk. I did them all in the surrealistic style of collage. I did it as a personal reminder of my current situation, not necessarily to spite my human friends.


I temporarily glued this painting above my bedroom TV set to act as a sobering reminder that as I am watching and relaxing to TV, at the same time I am also guarding myself from the active noises outside my bedroom…the objects or subjects of my painting. It’s like a visual alarm clock for what is real and actually happening in my world so I don’t drift off in a mindset of unrealistic and idealistic tv programming which I feel is personally and especially programmed for me sometimes because I’m so “attuned” as a viewer. Ironically.

So what’s wrong with this picture? Aside from the stark ultramarine blue I used for the dolphin that clashes into the overall harmony of the artwork, I would say nothing, nothing at all. In fact, as I presently love my dolphin still life drawing, I wouldn't have it any other way so...so long and thanks for all the fish if an actual Le Dauphin could talk.  At this point in time, I wouldn't know how to correct it anyway.

#fineart

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!