Moais Art : Musings of a Perpetual Learner


I haven’t done a proper acrylic painting since my “fruit stand” a couple of years ago, I noticed (on my roof studio). I also noticed although it’s semi-original in terms of style and subject matter (ie, I modified on a reference picture), it also wasn’t that hot. Only semi-hot. I say this because at the very least, your creations should speak to you more than anybody else and that semi-ugly fruit stand actually made me focus on eating healthier and be more acute of the importance and presence of natural food in your diet. And what’s so bad about that? Projecting not only your ideas but your aspirations on canvas as possible manifestation for your wishes is a win. Of course! Make your art purposeful is what they say. How much more purposeful is turning your long set-aside, to-do list item as a beautifully-painted artwork and reminder for what’s important in your life? In other words, draw what you like and what you want (to take place even). Do it for you initially. Make your art help you mentally. Sort out your world with what you put down on canvas and be a better person holistically for doing it. It’s no small feat. Now when it comes to earnings, maybe that will come later but that’s really icing on the cake when you’re enjoying just eating your cake at the moment or being happy with what you create. 

That said, I’m just beginning to learn what various art tools I have in possession, can do to further enhance my acrylic paintings. For instance, I’ve long hesitated in using the palette knife but I’m more open about using it now so I excitedly bought a new "art" spatula recently but I realised some discarded brushes used in other endeavours can be used as well…like an old unused brush in hair colouring, etc. since I've learned acrylic paintings can be largely enhanced with subtle texture and experimentation. I have to try that one out since I really have adequate paint at my disposal (for not using them for quite some time.)  I used to worry about running out of paint and not being able to finish commissioned artworks. I don’t worry too much about that now. My priorities have naturally shifted to doing one good satisfying art at a time and something which I haven’t done before, something that will further my quest for self-discovery through art. I guess you could say, I’m mo-ais now.

Here's a tip for beginner painters:

My Dexter lucky mascot mini-painting repainted in acrylic on duct tape is ready for bottle once again! If you've got the urge to paint (on most anything), just keep painting and you can even paint the town red if you like, not really alluding to the popular English idiom. What's that all about anyway?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!