Wonder Woman

It's hard to do portraits for sure but I feel challenged to do it every time I see a face worth painting.  I think I have done my entire family in oil in the 1990's.  Problem is, I haven't done many in my art career and I haven't really practiced doing it recently and with a little shoulder discomfort, I'm afraid I'm not as accurate as before.  So, how do you capture a beautiful, inspiring face on paper or canvas?  I'm referring to my dilemma of translating current worldwide sensation Gal Gadot (Wonder Woman) first into watercolor.

Answer:  Just do it and enjoy your work I guess.  This particular WC does not capture the full gorgeousness of Gadot especially if I put my reference side by side with my artwork but I can say I'm happy with the similarity or my particular version of her and I really enjoyed doing another face using my newly-rediscovered medium of choice.  I used high-quality Holbein watercolor tubes and they turned out pretty well on my 8"x 5" Moleskine even though I didn't think they would!  Anyway, I'm so excited to share this with the world.  It may not be perfect but it's not bad either.  Not bad at all!  As a matter of fact, despite its many imperfections, I love it!  I love portraits!
Gal Gadot
"Hey Chris, they asked me who I thought would win in a battle between Wonder Woman and Thor.
I think Wonder Woman, what about you?"


Below are Photoshopped-added effects:
                    
                    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!