Lazy Artist (No More!)

There are typically two types of art students from a teacher's empirical observation. The talented/lazy one and the diligent/untalented one.  I'm what they call a "lazy artist".  I have the talent for doing art, sure!  Problem with that is I leave things to chance when I can be the master of my own fate, in other words...be diligent in one's work and have absolute control with its outcome, whatever that may be.  For e.g. I paint as quickly as I can and be happy or unhappy with it without being mindful of fine tuning my work.  I can do an acrylic painting on canvas in just one day and get done with it!  In other words, forget about it!  Sometimes, I even scare myself out of my Roof Studio cutting my painting time!  Silly me :-)

Now, I have decided to embark on a daily art journal where I have to do at least one artwork a day, and not spend the afternoons sleeping.  Yes, I sleep most afternoons which is why I probably have trouble sleeping at nights.  (Long story.  Even if you had the chance, please don't ask me why!)  For this reason, I have revived my aging yet empty Moleskine WC Notebook to do mostly aquarelle art.  Maybe this is why I bought it in the first place.  It just occurred to me that now is the best time to use it if for no other reason than being "awake" aka alive in the afternoons!

So this morning, I did "2 colorful birds" using the not-so-favorably-reviewed Pebeo WC. Anyway, the paper on this notebook is not the best one either.  Nevertheless, I hope you all like it!  Remember, the quota is one-a-day, like the vitamin pill.

As Pablo Picasso once said: "Painting is just another way to keep a diary."  It couldn't be more apt in this case.

                                                                                                   ~~~My Facebook entry for June 2, 2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!