Whatta Disappointment!

 


Finally had the chance to watch The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023) now that a fairly good copy has been uploaded on Torrent and sent via email to me by my brother Aly several weeks ago today. Well, now I know why I wasn't too hot to watch this movie on the big screen or even the least bit eager to watch it on my computer despite the raves on social media.

It's underwhelming to say the least but my biggest peeve is that it was exactly what I thought it would be...a giant marketing ploy for the Nintendo game title (of the same name). If you want to see these familiar cute characters come to life, just play with the game on your Nintendo device is what I would suggest. There really is no need for an overrated high-budgeted movie to convince you that there is nothing but a flimsy plot to this whole caper.

If they say the nature of writing on the web is basically either to rant or to rave, allow me to rant some more. I never felt so disappointed with some 3D animation that I was hoping would add just a little more to the novelty that Mario Bros. is. The advent of 3D characters was surely welcome on the gaming platforms that was required of their existence. These days, they seem to be a dime a dozen, commonplace, ie on any video platform including the movies. So what does this add to the mix? I'm still trying to figure that one out. 

It's a you, Mario. You're the problem, it's a you!


So as not to make my viewing day a complete failure, I watched this too and despite the preponderance in toilet humor, I thought Captain Underpants (The First Epic Movie) featuring childhood best friends Harold and George was better and more inventive in 3D animation. 
It was definitely a more entertaining bro-mance for me!

To conclude, let's get straight to it then... 
In the battle between the plumbing icons Mario Mario and Luigi Mario of the Mushroom Kingdom vs. school buddies Harold Hutchins and George Beard of Jerome Horwitz Elementary School and collaborative creators of Captain Underpants, the clear winner is the one with toilet humor only because they're so good at it! 
😀😀😀 


Too bad it's game over for the plumbers Mario Bros. So "a-Long, wise guys!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!