All Rice!

 


Happy Birthday to Daddy on the 24th, November. 
This box of Zatarain Rice from New Orleans will always remind me of my time in Naga from Lola's "Molino" or rice mill in Jacob St, a home away from home. 

The unusual surname Zatarain was Lola Naga's maiden name so I was doubly delighted when I chanced upon this box in our house here, a gift from Rocky some years back which I originally thought resulted from one of his trips to Spain where this unlikely coincidence would be more logical or even genealogical.

*Inserted pic was from our trip in Niagara in the Winter of 1992/93 which I took of him, where I almost slipped and tripped into the Falls without anybody noticing because of general agitation/restlessness but this is really not aboot me...

This pithy time at least, it's about family!

My watercolor art tribute to what is supposed to be his 102th birthday 
meticulously displayed at home as an oversized refrigerator magnet!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!