My First Oscar goes to Vicky, Cristina, Ma. Elena

Right after watching the Opening Ceremonies of the 2009 Oscar Awards with Amazing Hugh Jackman as host and just reaching the part where Penelope Cruz is awarded for Best Supporting Actress in Vicky Cristina Barcelona all before our scheduled monthly luncheon with my dad's Senior Citizen friends (whew!), I was able to go see the movie today. Fantastic timing and a really good movie! I'm satisfied.

Without knowing anything about the movie, I initially thought the title was a full Catholic girl's name, with Barcelona as her last...all within the likely setting of Barcelona, Spain (duh). After the first few minutes of watching, I couldn't have been happier to be completely uninformed. Thoroughly enjoyed another Woody Allen movie and that's all I can really say...except that I'm going to be a fan of Slumdog Millionaire once I get to watch it tomorrow, and probably The Reader the next, and Milk, and Doubt and all the nominees for this year's Oscars.

Now's a good time to watch a movie, don't you think? Next week will probably be a better time to watch a downloaded torrent clear copy of the Oscars. Hooray for film. Hooray for my newfound interest in watching. Hooray for a just little saved money. Hooray for compressed file formats XviD and DivX. Hooray for blank DVD-R's. Hooray for the Internet. Hooray, hooray, hooray! Now if I can only keep my spirits up...for an extended time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Ears-ter!

Fuck Imelda and her minions!

Ciao Febbraio!